Last known location: Cologne (Germany), Art Dealer Lempertz in Cologne 1974
auctioned on November 14/16, 1974 as a real Jheronimus Bosch'
The painting is a copy of the central panel in Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga in Lisbon
History: In 1931 in possession of Léon Cardon in Brussels. On June 27/30, 1921 bought by Frans Lugt as a real Bosch at Auction House Fiviéz in Brussel and was spotted in 1937 at H.E. Ten Kate in Almelo. In 1938 at Art dealer D. Katz in Dieren. On March 12, 1941 together with other Dutch collections from Auction House J. Goudstikker as a real Bosch sold by Auction House Lange in Berlin and came in the private collection of Sarre in Berlin. On November 14/16 1974 auctioned by Auction House Lempetz in Cologne to an unknown private person, as a real Bosch again.